Friday, August 14, 2009

Crockpot Green Chili Chicken & Rice with Blue Corn Chip Crumbles

I found this recipe on the Picky Palete blog here.  I made it for Jeff and he loved it! He even ate it as left overs.... which is VERY unusual for my husband.  I used mashed potatoes instead of rice, and didn't bother with the chip crumbles....but i'm sure the "real" way would be delightful!

IMG_2489picnik.jpeg.jpg

(their image)

Recipe:

3-4 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
2 cans 98% fat free Cream of Chicken soup
4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt ( I used normal salt...)
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (once again...I used the normal table stuff)
1/4 teaspoon lawry's garlic salt with parsley

6 cups steamed rice of choice
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, crumbled for garnish

1. Place chicken, soup, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt into crockpot on low. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fork tender and falls apart easily. With 2 forks, shred chicken in the sauce and season with additional seasonings if desired. Spoon over bowls of rice then garnish with crumbled tortilla chips.

4 servings

So easy and good!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this! But . . . you're picture's not showing up. I'm glad Jeff liked it!!

    ReplyDelete